Friday, May 09, 2003

Minutes like hours, hours like days ... Yea, it's one of those nights when time drags its tired heels across the celestial floor and I'm frozen inside. I've had a long and trying night on the job – lots of pages to headline and 'fit,' and lots of computer fritzes to tolerate. My teeth are on edge and I'm feeling both aggressive and defeated. Odd sensation, that.
So my roommate has a crew of dart-throwers coming over in few minutes and I'm waiting to find out whether I'll be see D tonight or no. She's playing her "I'm in my world and you don't have access" game – meaning she's visiting with someone she doesn't want me to A. Know about; B. See; or C. Encounter at her house; or, of course, D. None of the above. But it's such a dead giveaway when she says to me, "I don't think that's any of your business," if I ask if she has company. What's to hide? I don't know and I don't really care right this moment. But it's aggravating, especially since I forgot my jacket at her house and my smokes are in the pocket and here I sit without tobacco.
So now I'll give her a call and find out whether she's still in the 'game' mode or ready to simply be herself, ya know what I mean?
Oh ho! So now the story is, "I thought you were coming over."
"You told me I had to wait another 30 minutes to call first or don't you remember that?" I replied.
"Oh. Well, I must hvae, well, uh, come n over, please. I need some help."
Right. Help. That means she wants me to run to the store for her before bedtime. She must want some cereal or ice cream. And so it goes.
Why must some women be so fuggin' catty and fake when it suits them? Most shouldn't even try since the do it so badly anyway. Just be yourself, live your life and have a good time if you can. Life's too short to fuss about whatever you think your big sin may be. Mostly, nobody give a damn what you or I do during our brief plop on this spinning mudball. So go for it. Just do it! Score, whore or get some more of whatever makes you feel like you. Maybe I'll see you on the other side. Goodnight.






So now I'll give her a call

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home