Sunday, February 08, 2004

Sunday shadows leaking into my room.

I don't know what's happening with Blogger but I'm definitely having some problems - my login isn't working and, when I do get logged in, my new posts aren't showing up on the site. Guess I'll have to check Blogger.com to see if they've got some update info on bugs or other changes, eh?

So it's Sunday again and I'm sitting here broke, again, hoping to hear from my lady D and, perhaps, go watch a DVD flick with her. She did something extraordinary today. She actually explained her actions last Friday night after being mysterious about what she'd done. I didn't ask, I didn't press her for answers, I simply let it go. And, voila! She told me to join her in the garage (smoking area ...) and there she told me that someone from her past (a man, of course) had come over Friday night to apologize for beating her up some six years ago. It's more complex than I care to go into here, but suffice it to say that her telling me was so out of character for her that I was/am bowled over!

I mean, this is a woman who fiercely guards her privacy even when there's nothing to guard. You know the type. Everything is a secret, every encounter a private chapter in her book of life, every thought is a sacrosanct alter to her power over her freedom of choice. In other words, a tough cookie.

So I am touched and, well, elated - yea, elated that she chose to tell me that we had come too far together for her to remain secretive about her Friday night experience. Jeez, how amazing life can be!

So now I'm alone in a house where I rent a room that's darkening even as I 'speak' with only a sleeping dog on the couch in the living room as company and my thoughts, which are vague at best. I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone aka that area between conscious and subconscious awareness where monsters cavort with elves and fairies and oddly shaped creatures that swim between dimensions as easily as I pass through the air in the space I inhabit.

And life, somehow, goes on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home