Monday, July 09, 2012

Aches and pains and plugged up drains

Regret is simply painful memories that pierce one's serenity.

May sound strange, or it may sound true, but it's what it is.
I regret my loss of fatherhood and raising my two children. I regret my loss of marriage and seeing the joy of growing old together become unreal.
I regret lies, and I regret unspoken falsehoods. I regret the pain that I've caused and the pain that I've lived, and the pain that life's weird scales weighed upon my shoulders.
I regret a thousand choices that led me down paths I wished I'd never seen, but which, nonetheless, I traveled to the bitter end.
Life, God, love, miracles, hope, magic, blood, perfume and shiny hair. All this and nothing matters at all. It's what you do, not what you wish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home