Tuesday, April 08, 2003

How truly stupid are Iraqi generals? This is question that's vexing me. I saw one of Saddam's generals taking questions for the media today and curiosity got the better of me. So I turned up the sound and, sure enough, this knucklehead actually said "No problem. We have driven the American demons out of Saddam Airport and they've been repulsed from entering Baghdad. Now I realize the guy is probably very busy trying to get his Swiss bank accounts in order and making arrangements for a flight to Bogata, among other things, but you'd think he would at least pretend to be informed and forthright, given the desperate situation the Saddam regime is facing.
Where do these nitwits get their 'intelligence?' Do they get any intelligence at all? Seems to me that they've showed their hand (Jack-high nothing) and they're opponents have a royal flush and a full boat (three aces and a pair of 10s). But they're still betting they can bluff the hand and walk away from the table with the pot. Talk about delusional! Whatever these guys are smoking, please airmail some my way. I could use a break from reality.
If we're very fortunate, the bombs that fell last night on a specific target DID kill Saddam and his evil sons. Would that it were so. We could count on a very fast cessation to the violence if it's true - other than among the truly black-hearted bastards who know they'll be convicted as war criminals and have little to lose by carrying on the fight. But it seems so pointless right now to continue the fight. But then again, I'm not there. It's still 'hot' and the news guys continue to report casualties and planes shot down. So I guess we're still in for a some days of thunder.
My friend, Mike, took me to task about my seeming approval of the war - despite my statements of disbelief toward Bush's rationale for starting the war in the first place.
Yo, Mike. I completely agree with your viewpoint, but I would remind you that I don't see a democracy in the Middle East suddenly growing out of this action. Too much history and corruption in the region to begin to even dream about such a development becoming reality.
But I do hope that perhaps the action will put everyone on notice that the U.S. is prepared to deal with despots and terrorists if we have an underlying interest, e.g. oil and control of same!
Here's hoping the troops come home soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home